- Cardiovascular disease (CVD) kills 150,000 people every year in the UK, and is responsible for more than a quarter of all deaths.
- When a sudden cardiac arrest (SCA) happens, the likelihood of surviving decreases by 10% with every minute that passes without defibrillation.
- There is a 70% chance of survival if defibrillation happens within 3 minutes of the SCA. This increases to 90% if the heart is shocked within one minute of the SCA.
- 75% of NHS ambulances arrive within 8 minutes.
Why the Powerheart® G5 is the best AED for government bodies
We believe that the best defibrillator for public buildings and government offices is one that can be used by anyone.
So if you’d like to install an automatic external defibrillator (AED) on your premises, we recommend the Powerheart® G5 AED:
- Anyone can save a life – With the help of our RescueCoach™ voice prompts and on-screen instructions, anyone can operate the AED safely.
- We’ve got you covered – Our comprehensive indemnification policy covers anyone using the defibrillator.
- Always Rescue Ready® – This patented feature performs self-checks for presence and functionality every day, covering the pads, battery, and internal circuitry, as well as completing monthly full charges of all the high-voltage electronics.
- Built-in heart rhythm analysis – Our RHYTHMx® technology checks if the heart would benefit from a shock. If the heart rate is not shockable, the defibrillator won’t shock it.
- Tailored shocks – Our proprietary STAR® biphasic software tailors the energy of each electric shock to the patient’s heart rate. If more than one shock is needed, variable escalating energy will increase the amount of energy delivered, as needed.
- An eight-year warranty – We provide one of the industry’s longest warranties, as well as a four-year, full operational replacement guarantee on the Intellisense® battery.
Contact Cardiac Science today to find out more about installing an AED on your premises, and our friendly team will be happy to help.