- Cardiovascular disease (CVD) kills 150,000 people every year in the UK, and is responsible for more than a quarter of all deaths.
- When a sudden cardiac arrest (SCA) happens, the likelihood of surviving decreases by 10% with every minute that passes without defibrillation.
- There is a 70% chance of survival if defibrillation happens within 3 minutes of the SCA. This increases to 90% if the heart is shocked within one minute of the SCA.
- 75% of NHS ambulances arrive within 8 minutes.
- Cardiac Science Powerheart® AEDs are easy to use – with one on hand, anyone can save a life.
What’s the best defibrillator for hotels?
We believe that the best defibrillator for hotels is an AED hotel employees, guests and stakeholders can use with ease, and which conducts extensive self-tests every day to ensure it is rescue ready.
So for your hotel defibrillator, we recommend the Powerheart® G5 AED:
- Anyone can use it – Thanks to our RescueCoach™ voice prompts and helpful text screen, any willing rescuer will be told exactly how to use the defibrillator as they attempt resuscitation.
- Automatic shock, only when needed – You can’t shock a patient whose heart doesn’t need defibrillation—our exclusive RhythmX technology monitors the patient’s heart rhythm and only applies a shock if necessary.
- Rescue Ready® every day– Our patented technology scans your device every single day to make sure all critical components are present and functional – including pads, battery, and internal circuitry.
- Tailored to patient needs – Using our STAR® biphasic software and variable escalating energy, your defibrillator will customise the number and power of shocks to the patient.
- A safe environment for your customers – Providing defibrillators to protect your guests, clients and colleagues from SCAs is vital to your reputation as a trusted hospitality business.
- Comprehensive liability protection – Unlike other defibrillator sellers, our indemnification policy protects anyone using the defibrillator for its intended purpose – not just those who are trained to use it.
- One of the longest warranties in the industry – With 8 years of warranty, the G5 is a solid investment for your business. The Intellisense® battery that powers the AED also comes with a full operational 4-year guarantee. This is more than just a standard battery warranty. If the battery becomes low at any time in a four year period—including if this is from being used in rescues—we will replace it, ensuring you receive four years of service for the initial cost of the battery.
Contact Cardiac Science today to find out more about AEDs in hotels and other hospitality businesses, and our friendly team will be happy to help.